The next mission trip is June 12-18, 2016
to Red Bird Mission
Every summer PUMC youth serve nationwide through a week-long missions project. Our next week-long mission trip is June 12-18, 2016, to Red Bird Mission workcamp for students starting 7th grade in the fall of 2016 through graduating seniors. Please consider, however, that Red Bird says, “We find it is best if the youth have completed at least 8th grade.”
*** Friends are welcome! ***
To participate in youth mission trips and activities, participants must complete the annual Youth Ministries Consent and Medical Release.
Please take time to dig deep and learn about the region we are serving by watching “Mission Appalachia – The Story of Red Bird:” Trailer (2:40) – Chapter 1 (18:07) – Chapter 2 (14:44) – Chapter 3 (12:54) – Chapter 4 (13:13) – Chapter 5 (10:19). For a video on the UMC’s Red Bird Mission, see the embedded video below.
Through our application we have pre-registered 32 spots (including adult leaders) with Red Bird Mission, which charges $375 per person. There is much additional cost, namely van rentals and gas for the trip. A healthy chunk of the total costs will be covered by team fundraising, the generosity of many, and God’s grace. See below for your individual cost. Contact Pastor Chris and pay your deposit to register. You may pay online, if you would like. Use the box marked “Special Gift” and type “mission trip” in the textbox next to the amount. Contact Pastor Chris to let him know you paid online.
- Each person will register and pay a $100 non-refundable deposit on March 20, 2016.
- Each PUMC youth must also earn or pay $50 additional commitment cost (your fundraising participation will help or completely cover this responsibility).
- Each youth friend will pay $100 additional commitment cost
- All registrants (including friends) must participate in the mission letter writing campaign Sunday night, April 17, 2016, at 6:30. Bring names and address of five households (grandparents, aunts/uncles, long-time friends of the family, etc.) whom you believe will give generous free-will donations to support the mission work of our trip.
- All additional costs ($50 for PUMC youth; $100 for youth friends) must be paid by May 29, 2016.
*Late Registrations (if spots available) / Cancellations
- Depending on the number of slots filled by youth and the required number of adult leaders, spots may be available for late registrations. Stay tuned in for updates on spots available.
- Because 100% of money paid to Red Bird is non-refundable 30 days before the trip, people who cancel after May 12, 2016, are responsible for paying the difference between their money paid/earned and the full $375 or recruiting a replacement who must pay the $100 non-refundable deposit.